Monday, November 21, 2005

pecans

how can pecans be so expensive? and how much do you have to put in a pecan pie for it to be good? I have a recipe that says about 2 cups, but I've found one that says 5 1/2 cups. That's a pretty big difference... not just in amount of pecans, but in cost as well! Pecans run at about $4/bag, WTF? That just strikes me as ridiculous. I feel like there must be a story about pecan shortages that I don't know about... I should do some research.

Just got an e-mail from a friend about his travels through Latin America. He just finished his Peace Corps time in Paraguay, and has gone through Brazil (the Pantanal! I just read an article in National Geographic about it), Ecuador, Peru, and he is now in Columbia... He then plans on heading back home to TN via land. Crazy! I love Latin America. Reading his e-mails makes me wish I was on one of those reggae beaches right now...

BUT I am going to Prague! It's so exciting! I've never been before and based on a friend's sister's suggestion who studied abroad there, we've already picked at least one restaurant to go to. To make it semi-fair, we've decided that meals will be on me. He is a grad student after all.

I'm so looking forward to a long weekend away from the office. I only have two more days to get through.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought for sure my stories of Latin America were quite a bit more remarkable than Vic's!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Nee said...

Remember, you used the "critical" technique which made it a little less appealing!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home