Thursday, November 17, 2005

I love Internet Access

Rob's brought the computer back from the conference, and wireless access miraculously came back. Thank goodness!

I've got just enough time for a quick post before my new roommate comes over... we're going to have a mini-roommate talk and then maybe go out for dinner/drinks. It does not help that I am sick! Not in a big go out and do anything mood.
~~
One week to go to the mystery trip. I have found out that the cost aspect was not true, as it is more expensive than he said - liar. Here is what I know so far:

- We're flying Alitalia (and we have good seats)
- Not Vienna
- Somewhere I've never been before
- Today he asked if I'd be into a "cultural" experience, such as a concert... hmmmm? (I asked in what language, but he caught me in the act of trying to find out - haha!)
- Staying in one city for all 4 nights (yay! I didn't feel like moving around.)

I'm allowed to ask a question a day, but he won't answer if he feels it divulges too much info. Honestly, I had NO clue that Rob is so good at keeping a secret. It's kind of scary! His plan is to ask me a question a day, so he can plan an itinerary we'll both enjoy. I can't wait!
~~
We are no longer going to Harvest for Thanksgiving. We got an invite! A co-worker invited us to his place to share T-lunch with him and his roommate. They know we fly that night, so they said we don't have to help with clean up and don't have to bring anything! But, me being me, I have offered to bring cranberry sauce, garlic mashed potatoes (Rob's are SO good), pecan pie, and pumpkin pie. Let me know if you have any good recipes for any but the potatoes. I've made pecan pie before, but I never keep the recipe for some reason. I may also make some zucchini bread, as I made some Sunday (first time I'd ever had it) and it was quite good and easy! It was still good even though there was no white flour (it was moved out of the house, and I did not know,) so I had to use 3/4 cup regular flour (all I had left) and then 1 1/4 cups of organic wheat flour. I think next time I'll try only wheat flour and a little less sugar. It was sweeter than I would prefer... I was happy my forced healthier version was so yummy! (In case you're wondering why I had some flour but say all was gone - I bought some flour recently, as I've been cooking so much, and filled up our canister. But the whole thing wouldn't fit in the jar, so I had to keep some in a bag in the cabinet. This is part of the reason I hadn't noticed the moving until I had already shredded the zucchini; fortunately, this resulted in the discovery of the yummy healthier version. I figure healthier is better, right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home