Sunday, October 30, 2005

Party

The party last night was fun! There were some good costumes, which is always nice. I really get annoyed when people come costumeless... it's not like you have to come! We're not asking you to help pay for the party, so the least you can do is just wear a costume or not come! And no costumes with just signs! (Ok, Jason has to be an exception here, because his "Mourning Wood" was pretty funny... and SO Jason.) So there, I said it. I feel better now. I was Cruella daVille (VERY last minute!) and Rob was a vampire - pretty scary looking too! The party ended at 3, when I finally had to tell this rather disturbing kid (that I did not know) to leave. I was tired, and if I'm going to be entertaining at that time, I'd rather it be for one of my friends.

I've decided that the BBQ on the day after the party (to get rid of beer that won't fit in fridge) doesn't work so well. Everyone is hung over and just doesn't want more to drink, and Rob and I just get to cook and then clean up afterwards when we're already exhausted and not even done cleaning from night before! It was nice to see everyone, and Sara's brownie cupcake with mini-Reeses PB cups were amazing, but this may be an end to that fine tradition. We're still cleaning and I'm even more tired now!

Going to a baby shower at 11 this morning definitely made me tired, but it was cute to see Tiffany that happy. She is such a naturally grateful person that she really makes me think about things sometimes. Her enthusiasm is so infectious! The baby shower itself was nice... but it was amazing how almost EVERYTHING she got was pink. (Right now, I don't think I'd want to spoil the biggest surprise of my life - boy or girl?) I got a really cute Baby Gap onesie, and an adorable jean skirt. Nothing pink of course; I refuse to gender my baby from pre-birth! (I also gave them a Gymini with Jennie and Anna.)

Charmed... I may be back into watching it! I'm coming to realize that my obsessions have more to do with the fact that I love to look forward to things... trips, shows, seeing friends, etc. I'm already looking forward to Nate and Kate coming in January, and to Rob's 30th b-day party in a year and a half. I know, I'm mildly crazy.

And last thing to think about... roommates. Jess is moving in with Brian, so I need a new roommate for December. Mariko, my former roommate, is interested. Her deal that she expected to come back to from Russia fell through, so she ended up living in a situation with 3 random people. She doesn't love the new place (or peeps) that much, so she was very excited about moving back in with us. She was a good roommate, so I'm kind of excited by the prospect that it might be that easy. Furniture, etc. shoul work out pretty well too. Mariko only needs a lease until end of July, which fits perfectly too. I'd rather not get to know another new roommate again, so this works out perfectly. Of course, I'm getting closer and closer to really just wanting a place of my own. Life is so much less complicated that way (or so I imagine. ;p )

2 Comments:

Blogger UW Nutrition said...

I can't wait either! I am definitely looking forward to our visit!

But, yeah, Rob's 30th birthday party? That's a little weird to be looking forward to that now. :)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Nee said...

As I said, I know I'm a little crazy. ;p

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home