Monday, November 07, 2005

Danish Pastry House

Yesterday, Anna and I made the most unbelievable cookies. Ultra-rich, SUPER chocolately, and delicious! Never going to lose that recipe! It was a perfect day for baking... I totally just needed a day when I did a lot of nothing. (I accomplished most of my list... except for cleaning and laundry. Funny how it often works out that way!)

Tonight, I say Salman Rushdie speak, and it was very interesting. He was funny, and very much an artist. He was presented and held a discussion with a Harvard English professor, Homi Bhabha, who distinctly differed from Rushdi in his very academic approach to the conversation.

After the talk, I went to Border Cafe for dinner and drinks with friends. Now I'm back home... ready to shower and go to sleep. It was nice to come home and see that a friend had left some homemade pumpkin-apple bread (I believe that's the combo) for me. yum!

I have to try the Danish Pastry House out! What great reviews! I'd never heard of the place before, but I just saw it on the Food Network. It's got to be good! Definitely looked great on tv...

3 Comments:

Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Oooh! I want the super chocolately cookie recipe, please!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

I was in Medford last night and ended up at the Danish Pastry House. Great soups, good sandwiches, and AMAZING pastries. But don't go if you don't like marzipan. ;-)

The orange creme marizpans are probably my favorite item there. I've been three times now and can't get enough of the place.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Nee said...

I love marzipan!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home