Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Toilets

I hate when things go wrong with toilets. Mine just decided that it no longer wanted to work. The tank wouldn't stop overflowing, but thankfully it was not the bowl overflowing as the troubles started after a flush. I had to call my landlord (at midnight) and ask him to come on over and figure it out. Well... it's not an easy fix. So we turned off the water to the toilet (which took some effort as the switch-thing was stuck... but it got done), and the issue will be dealt with on Friday. Thankfully, we have a second bathroom in the apartment, and it is the one I primarily use... not that it matters much, as I won't be home for much longer... and by the time we're back, I fully expect that the toilet will have been set straight. (What a way to meet your landlord... my new roommate also moves in on Friday; I made sure to ask our landlord to introduce himself and not just walk in. ;p)

Pies are done... just need to make whipped cream for the pumpkin pie in the morning. Of course, "the proof is in the pudding." I won't know until tomorrow how they really came out. I'm waiting for the pumpkin pie to cool down a bit now, and then I'll cover it and refridgerate it for tomorrow. I am SO looking forward to dessert! It's amazing just how bad both those desserts are for you... but whoever said that Thanksgiving is a day to be healthy? It's a day to celebrate gluttony!!! (Ok, I know the Pilgrims a.k.a. Puritans would disagree with me... but are they around to say anthing??? NO.)

I'm looking forward to sleeping in, not looking forward to packing, and looking forward to going to my friend's for our Thanksgiving lunch. I'm loving the beginning of these 6 days or so already (despite toilet issues!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home