Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Houston

It's so strange... I'm flying to Houston tomorrow night. My nine months there seem like a blur. My time at Enron stirs a mixed bag of feelings... I loved my work, but hated the dramatic ending. I love the friends I made and kept while there, but remember being so lonely in the city. Poor Houston, it didn't really have a chance. Nine months is not a large amount of time to build a friend community, especially as I generally worked pretty late. Seattle also had the advantage of us having good friends who already lived here and who were pretty well established in the city already. I suppose it's not fair to compare my first 7 months there to my first 7 months here. Of course, my last two months (laid off, frustrated, and most people I knew already gone) will almost certainly compare very poorly to the next two months here.... I'll definitely have to swing by the Enron building, maybe see if that felafel place I liked so much in that area is still there. Hmm... perhaps this means that we should rent a car. :p

As for the wedding... should be a lot of fun. I'm very interested to see how they will combine Houston high society and an Indian wedding. I'm guessing it'll be a pretty spectacular event!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home