Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Self Castigation

(Had to edit this post... sheer exhaustion resulted in it not making sense. Then again, should I be editing now too when I'm functioning on even less sleep? Anyway.)

I hate when you do something wrong (and know you did) that you have to deal with also being mad at yourself for it having gone wrong. An example: you burn food and end up with a crappy dinner. However, not only do you have to eat the crappy dinner, you are also mad at yourself about the whole situation in the first place... and probably will be for the whole night. Sucks. Of course, this situation is much worse when it applied in a social setting or something along those lines. Then again, perhaps it's worse when something goes wrong and you don't give a f#!*, because then you'd just be amoral. All of this sounds like I am thinking of some grandiose subject here, but I am just wondering... why am I not sleeping yet?!?! I have to be at the gym at 6 for a "kick my butt" session!

Also, I don't like when the pot calls the kettle black. I have experienced this a couple of times today (both related to me and not really), and it really frustrates me. Enough said here.

Today is apparently "National Grammar Day." I've given up on grammar in a sense... sad, I know. I still really value you it, but I think I can't stress about commas, etc. any more. I don't remember high school grammar perfectly enough for that... and there's far too much negative reinforcement. Still, all of this goes back to the being annoyed with yourself thing and thinking about things too much anyhow - gotta let it go! ;p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home