Sunday, December 04, 2005

Friends, Advice, and Bridezilla

Just had our first engagement toast together... my manager at work invited everyone on my team, and the two girls from the team next to us, but this was different. It was just lovely to have friends who cared for you celebrate an engagement together, especially over nice champagne (which you can count on BS for!!)

I can't help but look for advice from friends who have been married who have been engaged longer than us... I also can't help but comment on the things that I've learned so far - such as rings not costing as much as you think, just because the diamond is absurdly huge! (Some people have told me more about their rings than I want to know!) I am going to try and be good and not bore anyone, but I feel like (considering less than a week has gone by) that I can have at least this time to enjoy... to say what I want... at least until I go to Toronto and all is really official. I can't wait for that though!!

2 Comments:

Blogger UW Nutrition said...

I am virtually toasting you from Seattle! I wish we could have been there with you guys.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my classmates got engaged this summer. She promptly spent happy hour telling everyone how much the ring cost. (wait for it...)

30k. For a ring. Amazing.

James

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home