Thursday, December 01, 2005

All is good...

Told my dad this morning, and it went REALLY well. I can't believe how easy it was, and he was excited. Funny statements from convo:
"Does he take drugs?"
"Does he drink a lot or too much... like with a bottle next to him at night?"
"Is he an American??" (worried that I was being taken in for citizenship!)
I said Rob is from a Welsh background and my dad said, "I was just talking to someone the other day about how hot-headed the Welsh are... is he ok in that respect?" (haha)

Anyway, it went wonderfully. My mom called me a few hours ago to let me know that she looked at another place for the engagement party. She invited some friends already, and they are coming... one is going to do my makeup! If she does it well, she can do it for the wedding. craziness... and now we are wondering if Rob's parents should come for the engagement party as well. The madness has begun.

Then I talked to my little sis who was SO excited. She was the first to ask what his last name is... and she repeated it to my mom who thought she said "jinx." great. lots of laughter and happiness, and it was so fun to hear. It's amazing the excitement an engagement/wedding can bring to lives... do people suffer post-partum depression-like stuff afterwards? Then again, the planning is supposedly so stressful, that I think most people are just relieved.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Nelly!!! There was no post-wedding depression on my part... it was pure wedded bliss ;-) I was definitely glad to leave the planning stress behind, however.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, Nagh told me you had a blog, but she also said that she couldn't remember the website. Either way, I'm sure you know who I am :D. Scary huh? I know your blog site. Come on aol sometime, so that I can give you the website for mine :D I got to see a picture of Rob :D

Anyway, hope you don't mind me leaving a comment for you :D If you do mind, just e-mail me and tell me ;) Talk to you later

Chives

5:43 PM  
Blogger Nee said...

i don't mind you leaving a comment :)

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home