Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Petroleum-based plastic?!?

I love gum! I go through phases of serious obsession with the stuff, and I am currently in one of those stages of my life. It is disturbing to learn that plastic is used to make many brands. Is this dangerous? We all pretty much have plastic lodged in our bodies... it can't be normal.

I just priced out a cruise for this January... it's a pretty good deal price, and it's something I really want to do at some point. I generally love to go somewhere warm in the winter, particularly in February. I also think it would be a nice break come January, although I have to consider a trip to Toronto as well. Actually, really exciting news on the travel front is that Nagh and I are definitely thinking we'll take Sheeva to Japan next summer. We'll probably book in the next week or so, which I think is crazy. It would be so neat, and the three of us will get a good discount if we go through EF. It would also be great sister-bonding time.

Tonight, I have a bbq with some colleagues from work. Rob had some extra key lime juice from Sunday night, so he made Key Lime Pie (yum!) for me to contribute. I'm also bringing a bag of Tostitos to go with the garlic salsa that our hostess made for tonight. I can't wait to try the salsa! She also said her roommate might make us some seven-layer dip, which is one of my favorite things ever!! Really, anything with avocado makes it quite high on my list....

We had a nice dinner as roommates last night. I had made some Persian food - chicken, rice w/ barberries, and a Persian (Shirazi) salad - and Jess was looking to have a small supplement to her dinner, so she joined us. It was very nice. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Seattle is warm...-er than Boston!

Come here!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Nee said...

This is true... I am going to talk to Rob about a possible weekend in Seattle. It is a great price!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home