Friday, September 16, 2005

Ma(i)zes

I just found the neatest thing - corn mazes!! So cool! I am already trying to organize an event to go. They also have apple picking at this farm, and the woman who works there said the maze theme this year is Chicken Little. October 8th - who's in??? I came across this concept in a CNN article that I can't link to for some reason. Anybody have any ideas why I am having this problem?

Anyway, it's a great idea if you ask me! It makes me think that I really should start my own business. Follow my family's entrepreneurial genes...

So I just learned that my manager is sensitive to grammar mistakes, and so is Kathy who sits next to me and is on my team. Good to know. It makes me happy. (I showed Kathy the corn maze website, and I guess she found an error in it somewhere, which is how this convo started.)

Pet (Grammar) Peeves:
Manager = "in regard to" not "in regards to"
Kathy and I both = "that prepositional problem" as she called it - I and me. She's picky about spelling as well, which I guess bothers me too.

Also just learned that Kathy likes pen caps to be on the pen when you are done with them. She hates pens just lying around... fortunately, that is something I am not sensitive too. I think that would drive me crazy!

What a great Friday afternoon conversation! Seriously though - TGIF. I think I'll work for a few hours tomorrow though... ick! :(

(Hmmm... I just noticed that this blogger site takes double spaces after periods and makes them one - interesting.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Sinto Carlos said...

Hi,
Double space after a period was the style for typists using monospaced fonts on typewriters. Typesetters, using proportionally-spaced fonts, insert only one space after a period. I guess Blogger knows this!

11:05 AM  
Blogger BS said...

Yup, I just learned this from our web editor. Seriously hard habit to break, though--we're lucky that Blogger fixes this automatically. I enter text for our website at work and have to correct my spacing every time. Apparently the "item, item and item" (no second coma) list grammar is passe as well. Should be two commas. they're/their/there and to/two/too are my pet peeves. And "on accident" kills me!

10:23 PM  
Blogger BS said...

Has anyone figured out how to add accents yet? Blogger is killing my French grammar and, rather obnoxiously, I can't seem to keep quasi-French words out of my posts.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Nee said...

The only way I can figure out how to do accents (at the moment) is to type the word in a different document and then copy and paste into the page. Not the best answer, but at least it works!

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home