Thursday, September 15, 2005

Guitars, Chimichangas, and White Asparagus

I just bought my guitar! Rob's friend is playing it to demonstrate and my beautiful guitar sounds so nice! I am very happy with my purchase. I'm going to have to get an electronic tuner and a book to teach myself. Can't wait to start playing around campfires! (oh... apparently I also need a humidifier for the winter.)

On to the chimichangas - SO good! We went to Christopher's in Porter Sq... I always forget they have so much organic/natural stuff. It's nice. and on top of that they have the best chimichangas EVER! I'm not joking. really really good. I was at Christopher's last night too, but we went again tonight because of the beer selection. Rob's friend (Paul) is checking out varieties of beers, because there are some niche beers that he likes that they don't have in his home country (Sweden.)

White asparagus... so Paul made some fish stew for dinner. I worked late and ended up having my dinner at Christopher's, so I haven't actually tried this fish soup. He put lime and white asparagus in the soup... So, I had asparagus at Tapeo, and I really liked it. So I bought some a few days after that experience (Cinco de Mayo we went to Tapeo), and I made it for me and Rob and it was HORRIBLE. I forced my way through eating it, and the two of us barely spoke to each other throughout the duration of that meal. Rob refused to eat any asparagus for awhile after that... and then tonight there is white asparagus in our stew. and what do we learn??? That you have to peel white asparagus before eating it - OOPS! haha... now perhaps we can make it again for ourselves some day, now that the secret has been revealed to us. still very funny to think about.

Does my writing all this stuff in my blog make it such that I lose conversations to have with friends? People who are aware of my blog can't be told this story later on. It will be old news... hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home