Sunday, September 11, 2005

Good Weekend

It was a nice weekend... camping was great. We went to Rockport yesterday and went sea kayaking. There were some really big (and kind of scary) waves at one point, which made it really fun! The only annoying part is that the area between my thumbs and pointer finger are a bit sore... that should go away soon though. :) We also had lobster in Rockport, which was very yummy! Of course, we also bought fudge.

The campsite was pretty nice.
- 1 1/2 miles away from Wingaersheek Beach, which is my favorite beach in the area! Anna, Rob, and I went for an hour today. Rob went in the water (brrr!), while Anna and I just lay on the beach and read for an hour. No paying for parking at this time of year.
- nice wooded sites. very large sites, and nobody around really!
- you can have alcohol at the sites!!

I want to go camping for a night there next year, so that we go to Wingaersheek the next morning and then come home. The parking fee is only $10 if you are staying at the campsite, which is not bad at all. It's not the money that makes me think this... it's just that I think it would be a really nice weekend. Maybe do a "hike" nearby as well.

Story from this morning - we had a mini accident while camping. One of the cars lost battery power, so it needed a jump. Two of the boys were pushing back the truck, with someone who didn't drive standard in the driver's seat to steer. (Can you see where this is going?) Well... there was a bit of a slope, and then there was some yelling of "hit the brake!" which got confused with the clutch... what stopped the truck in the end? a poor picnic table. What a mess! Car bumper was damaged and the tailgate had a little dent. The picnic table lost two legs... but it could have been much worse. There was a steeper slope just behind and only huge boulders to stop the car... at least the car owner was very reasonable about it, so it wasn't horrid. and the campsite didn't charge us for the picnic table; they figured they could fix it - phew!

One thing that was sad from this camping experience was that I made burgers... and someone brought "firewood" which turned out to be parts of some guy's house that he picked up along the road! Covered in paint! which exploded into my burgers. :( and then the person in charge of the burger buns thought someone else was bringing them due to some confusion. So we ate burgers with crunchy, blackened paint chips in hot dog buns... and no one brought plain mustard or ketchup and many had already eaten, so they threw most of the patties away when I wasn't looking (before they were cooked, so no paint chips in them!) Ok... it was more than sad; it was very sad. they were such good burgers too!!! (I have to say that it was a very bad idea to use parts of a house for firewood! Not the safest plan, if you ask me.)

We came back earlier today and went to a friend's surprise b-day party. There was food from Red Bones!

Ok, we're going to watch Saved! now. I hope it's funny! (I love Netflix!)

Last comment (news is on) - I'm not sure that it is all that fair to compare Mayor Nagin to Mayor Giuliani. One had the infrastructure of his city to rely on to help people and one really did not! I can't think about this... I'm supposed to be watching a funny movie momentarily....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home