Thursday, September 08, 2005

Camping :)

It should be a fun weekend. We're going camping with all my high school friends. It's been awhile, since we've all just been able to hang out with no other demands calling our attention. We're not going too far - only Gloucester in Cape Ann. One of us is pregnant, and another is not a very serious camper at all. This works out for everyone... we can do some nice walks, go to Rockport for some lobster on Sunday, and generally just hang out. Should be lots of fun.

It's also a good friend's b-day this Sunday. She'll be 29, and actually she's pregnant too. It's a surprise party for her, but unfortunately we're going to have to go a little late as it starts at 2:30. I don't think we'll be back until 4, but fortunately we'll be driving back with Anna who lives around the corner. Hopefully, she'll join us for the festivities as well.

Rob has a friend visiting from Sweden, who has actually managed to invite Rob's high school ex-gf to come up two weekends from now. Can't tell you how I excited I am... and to think that the weekend after that we get to go to Baltimore for a Sox-Orioles game (very exciting - never been to Camden Yards!) with Rob's college ex-gf.

I'm definitely going to Puerto Rico in three weekends for work. Should be fun, and pretty productive as well... if the planning doesn't kill me first. I can't believe how crazy busy work has been for me lately. They certainly gave me a challenging position like I wanted, but I'm not sure this is the kind of challenging I was talking about. I didn't just want something that would be challenging because it was very time consuming and requiring a huge amount of organizational skills... at least, I am "managing" two people now. Of course, the company has only made me an unofficial manager. How do you become an unofficial manager? How do you tell two people that I am basically their manager, and never change my title at all?

I wish I could win the lottery - I just have to remember that I need to buy a ticket first.

I should pack for this weekend, but as usual I'll procrastinate to the last minute... which means tomorrow morning before I leave for work. We'll go straight from work there to set up camp and get the burgers going.... mmmmm... haven't had a campsite burger in a year. How is that possible????

I'm so tired. Fortunately, it's not too early to go to bed!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home