Sunday, October 23, 2005

Food, Heat, and Marriage

Well... we gave up on the heating front. When I finally post about it, we decide that it's time to give up the fight - and does it feel great!

As for the movie - seriously disturbing. It was worse than I expected, and I had tears in my eyes at many points throughout the movie. It was worse than "Super Size Me" and revealed more about our government that I don't want to know. On a positive note, it fueled my need to continue my search for a community/organic source of produce. Consumers have to make a change in our society, even if it's through inconvenient means to ourselves.

As for marriage: I came across an extremely interesting article. It gave me a lot to think about and gave me further insight into the success rate of arranged marriages. The line about the invention of vibrators was pretty fascinating too!!

2 Comments:

Blogger UW Nutrition said...

RUSSO'S! It's in Watertown. They have the best produce, and it is SO CHEAP. I really really miss Russo's.

I don't know how much of it's organic, but it's definitely more community-based/local than going to Stop and Shop or whatever.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Nee said...

We're actually thinking of going through the CSA projects like you and Nate: www.communityfarms.org. Jon, Frances, and Anna have said they're interested too, so we may split a share with them. A share is meant for 4 omnivores, so we'll have to figure it out.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home