Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Silence...

I've never been on non-speaking terms with a friend before. I feel like I've been swallowed up in some strange time loop, back into high school or middle school even. I missed out on this experience when younger, and I must say that I am very happy about that.

It's strange when others begin to notice that you are no longer speaking to someone, especially when the person is a colleague. How does one explain? Fortunately, I've chosen the not going to explain route at work... but word gets around, especially in the small world of EF.

At this point, I'm not sure that we'll ever be friends again. I can definitely say that I won't make the first move to change anything, but I will be receptive to a move on her part to remedy the situation. I certainly enjoy some drama in life, but definitely not along these lines. I'm definitely shocked by the path that this friendship has taken, and I have to say that it makes me question our friendship... and even all of my friendships. How could it not?

One thing I will say is that friends really should not come to me if they want me to just agree with them on a situation. I can do that to a certain capacity, but generally I like to be as honest as possible. How else do you find out where you really stand? I hate it when people just agree with me, because supposedly it will make me feel better or something along those lines. This same attitude extends to shopping... I really hate it when I ask a friend what they think of an outfit I'm trying on, and they say it looks great, when actually they don't really like it. How many times do you have to make a purchase that you regret days or even hours later, because a friend said it was great (to be nice?)

2 Comments:

Blogger BS said...

You should take me shopping! Though I'm easily distracted by shiny things, I will always give an honest opinion. On friends and boys too. I'm with you, if you trust your friends' opinion, you want to hear their opinion!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Nee said...

Next time I'm in need of an outfit, I will have to bring you along. :)

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home