Monday, September 26, 2005

National Geographic

I love National Geographic, and I just got my first one. It makes me so happy to see it sitting on our coffee table. I just had to say that.

It was a good weekend, although it was quite busy. Friday night and Sunday night we stayed with Rob's aunt in Legrangeville, NY, and Saturday night we stayed in the Baltimore area with Rob's other aunt. Needless to say, we did quite a bit of driving this weekend. We got up early this morning and made our way back home, and fortunately made it here in good time. I had to work the late shift, so I didn't get back until late, so I am rather tired. Back to the grind tomorrow at 9...

I went grocery shopping and used the points system for Shaw's where you get 5% off after you spend $100 in a certain period of time. I don't understand why they can't make your life easy, and just keep track of it on your Shaw's card. Instead, you have to collect all these scraps of paper and bring them in once you've totaled 100 points - very annoying.

Another VERY annoying thing that happened at Shaw's was that I had to buy a zucchini... and they only had two in the whole store. in the same package. and one was rotten. yuck. The problem was that I did need 1 medium-sized zucchini and there it was, sitting in that package laughing at me. So I went up the line and pointed this out to the cashier - I want this zucchini, but 1/2 this package is rotten. Do you give discounts? She had to call over a manager who proceeded to let us know that they don't give discounts, and that we should get another one. But you don't have another one, and I'm perfectly happy to pay for the good one by weight. Nope - pre-packaged. can't do that. So the only option offered was for us to take it and pay for both (which I knew I'd have to do!) or for them to THROW IT AWAY!! How does this make sense????? Can't they just take it out of the package and pretend it wasn't and spare the store some of it's losses? and throw away the other half if they have to keep track of the package - I don't care! and the crazy thing is that we told her we'd take it and she just put it in our bag... now did she put it in there knowing it hadn't been rung up and we're supposed to be quiet because of everyone else, or did she not realize that it had not been rung up?? I wasn't going to question it, and I wasn't even sure until we got in the car that it had definitely not been rung up. So all that drama and we got it for free. Not drama really... Rob and I were just totally laughing in the store. This is what happens when you get big corporations - nothing makes sense!!

What did I need the zucchini for? I'm going to attempt Emeril's vegetarian chili. I have some "bam!" and I need reasons to use it up. Book club is tomorrow night, so why not? I chose Drowning Ruth as my book. I can't say that it was my favorite book of all time, but I did enjoy reading it. I solely picked it based on reviews and because it's an Oprah's Book Club book. I've liked everything I've read on her list before, so I figured I'd pick a book using that as my criteria. Why not?

Tomorrow will be a little crazy for me, as I leave for Puerto Rico Wednesday. I feel like there are one million loose ends to tie up. Work is SO crazy these days that I can barely get myself to the point of being functional, let alone organizing my day well. This really is going to have to stop....

Ok, I think I should tidy up a bit. We've had so many guests that it has gotten a little out of control. The place is not dirty, but parts of it are quite messy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home