Monday, February 25, 2008

Baby Talk

Just got back from my first sig. other "Firm" book club. It was interesting. I hated the book"Eat, Pray, Love." It's just not a very me book... maybe it should be a me book though. My whole issue is that the idea of meditating drives me up a wall. There's a whole portion of the book where she talks about struggling with that, and maybe I should struggle with it and find my inner peace. hahahahhaha. yeah, right. I'm pretty sure that that idea won't appeal to me any time soon.

But there is an idea that does appeal to me soon... becoming a mommy. Two pregnancies were announced at the dinner and there was a mom with her 12 day old. I have been so worried about being on my own here, without friends with babies. Now, I walked into a WHOLE bunch of them. Only two people there tonight (there are others, of course) did NOT have babies... and some of the mom's were even my age! It was just really neat, and I felt that I would have a support network.

In addition to all the baby talk, there was lots of talking in general. How would that not be possible with 12 women in a room?? Seriously, though. We were at the top guy in the office's house, having a relaxed dinner with totally normal talk. I drove over one of the other "SO's" and in the car ride there she said, "I am so not into hierarchy. I hope it won't be a problem." Except for her being the one with the incredible house on the water (with the kitchen she designed as she's an architect) and the largest diamond ever, you would have no clue who you were talking to! It was awesome.

Anyway, I'll stop here. Suffice it to say that I really do enjoy my husband's colleagues and their partners. Seattle is feeling pretty good right now... esp. after a week of sunny "winter" days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home