Sunday, October 16, 2005

Interesting Collections

Surfing the internet, a rather uncommon activity for me, can have some amazing results. I came across the strangest site today. I can't say that collecting anything along those lines (nail clippings, teeth, etc.) is anything I have ever done. After reading the site, I can't say that I was inspired to change that either.

Last night, we went to V&V's for dinner. We had paella... we made a great exchange about a month ago. R and I had two huge Calphalon pots; we bought them online (for sale) and thought they were smaller than they actually were. We had V&V over for dinner, and I had made hummus. I complained about my blender which isn't the most powerful and is frequently beat into submission by hummus. They commented that they actually had an extra blender they were going to get rid of, so they said they'd give it to me. Somehow, the pots came up (I had made dinner in it and they complimented the pot or something like that.) They actually have all Calphalon pots at home, and that was a size they don't have. I said they could have one - really, why would you need two massive ones? They can't even fit on the stove at the same time! They protested, wanted to pay for it, and I wasn't going to take their money... but then V said it would be perfect for paella. So we made a deal: in exchange for the blender, a lesson on making paella, and the paella itself, we'd give them the pot. Perfect! It made for a fun night as well. We played Jenga after dinner. We had a great time. Surprisingly, R had never played or heard of Jenga before.

Today, we're going to try and finish up Season I of Lost. We've really gotten into it, and it's been a lot of fun watching. We're going to have to find a way to get the first 4-5 episodes of Season II - any suggestions? Watching the show has made us both really, really want a big flat screen tv. We'll hold off on that desire for awhile, but it is always super tempting to get one when we walk through Costco!

Wow! Serious gust of wind went by. Time to surf the internet more, as cleaning is just not that tempting at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home