Monday, October 17, 2005

Balsamic Vinegar

So I mentioned the paella we had on Saturday night, but I forgot to mention the balsamic vinegar! It was AMAZING. We had it with bread and some yummy olive oil they brought back from Italy. (Kindly, they brought us back a bottle of that olive oil too!) Back to the balsamic vinegar... V&V bought it at a store on Newbury - Co & Company, or something like that. I'm going to have to ask them for the name again. The vinegar cost $20 or so for a modest-sized bottle, but it was INCREDIBLE. It was sweet and tangy... and perfect. I have to get myself some! They said that they have friends who bought an $80 bottle from the company that was delicious served over strawberries. They also said that there was a $100 bottle as well, and I can't even imagine what it tastes like! The $20 bottle was well beyond any other balsamic vinegar experience I've ever had, and it really opened my mind to a whole new world of flavor. It brought me back to when I first learned that there was more to alcohol than box wines and cheap beer. I MUST go to this store sometime soon and get some of this vinegar. To everyone reading this, go buy yourself some too. You won't regret it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home