Tuesday, October 11, 2005

127 Band

Work = not so wonderful, but I feel like that could be a definition in a dictionary. After work, however, I had Japanese class which was ok (not great.) Afterwards, I went to Chez Henri and then to Zuzu to watch a band.

Chez Henri has removed the tuna pincho from their menu - why???? but it made me have the warm spinach salad w/ duck tamale. That was good. I also had two mojitos; I love their mojitos! They do a great job at balancing all the right flavors. (I've been there 5 times or so, and only once did I get a mojito I didn't like.)

As for the band, we say 127 band. Only Rob and a co-worker came with me, but I was super appreciative that they did. 127 band is a group from Iran. They had an article in the Metro and the Phoenix about them. In fact, they were supposed to be the opening act, but due to the huge amount of press they got, they were switched to the main act. I have to say - I was impressed by the show. Also, I had the bassist sign the CD I bought, and I spoke with the trombonist aftewarwards. The trombonist said they go back to Iran in a week, after their gig in NYC. As he said, "We're an Iranian band. We have to play in Iran."

1 Comments:

Blogger Nee said...

See what 4 drinks (in not that much time) can do to your spelling?

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home