Sunday, April 23, 2006

nice weekend

over all, it was a great weekend.

Friday night, we bbq-ed. I was very happy with the way the burgers turned out, and they were excellent with the pepperjack cheese Rob had picked up.

Saturday, I spent the day with high school friends, after Rob and I checked out an apartment in the morning. We had planned to save the date a couple of months ago - it's so hard to get 10+ people together without planning now that we're older! We went to the Museum of Science's Star Wars exhibit, and then we went on the Swan Boats - Lily's (of course), Tiffany's, and my first experience! Afterwards, we went to PF Changs, and then Jennie, Mark, Rob and I went to Boston Beer Works for a couple of beers. Then Jennie, Rob and I met Alison to see the Champions on Ice, which was fantastic! I love fiure skating, so I really enjoyed this - free tickets add to the enjoyment too! Anyway - Sasha Cohen looked great, Michelle Kwan seemed to still be injured as she did no jumps despite being the final skater, and the acrobats and the girl who skated with hoops were entertaining. Really a packed day that left me tired, but very happy too.

Today, I went to the gym (and watched Demi Moore in Half Light - pretty good), played squash with Rob, and just finished making a huge amount of veggie stew and the lemon poppyseed bread is in the oven! I'm excited for the bread, as it is a first attempt. I saw a large amount of poppyseeds on sale for $1.99. I figured I'd buy them, but I've never made anything with them before... so I'm excited to check it out.

Now I'm tired - but feel good. Ready for a shower, a quick try of the bread, and a good night of sleep! It's a shame, no matter how good a weekend is... I can never get myself to be happy about Mondays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home