Saturday, April 08, 2006

emergency phone service

I'm tired. and I hate cell phones right now. I've gotten like 10 calls since end of work last night on the emergency phone which is my lucky responsibility tonight. I CANNOT wait to pass this thing off tomorrow morning... I have to drive to Brighton to get it off my hand (not waiting for them to come get it from me - that's for sure!), but it's totally worth it. We'll pick up the wedding bands that are ready (how exciting!) in Brookline as well... though now I'll be worried that I'll lose them somehow.

It is AMAZING the things that can go wrong... and it is VERY annoying to deal with someone's stupid mistake... such as leaving your passport on the flight from RDU -> CLT. Raleigh to Charlotte... on your way to Europe. AH! One of many folks, one of many... The crying mom who was worried because she hadn't heard from her daughter - ok, those always strike me as a little cute, and it makes me cry a bit, but I've always been a sucker for someone in need. It did feel good to help. But that was 10 pm. and now it's 6:40 am and I've gotten like 10 calls in between. I'm going on 4 very interrupted hours of sleep. oh well... what else am I going to do but complain while I wait for the person on flights emergency phone to get back to me???

going to a bbq this afternoon. that should be fun... if I can sleep enough so I'll have some pep when I get there. Fortunately, I've never needed much sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home